For the next three-weeks I challenge you to stick to whole foods as much as you possibly can. It’s that SIMPLE! This means fruit, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds and lean meats (all organic if you can swing it).
Be very aware of what you eat and how it makes you feel. Keep a journal if it helps, recording what you eat, how you felt after eating it, how you felt later in the day and when you woke the next morning. Notice your energy levels whether they are increased or decreased and see if you can notice any patterns relating to your food intake. Are you beginning to feel less stressed and anxious? Does your skin look clearer? Has your digestion improved? Have you shed a few pounds? Are you more tired/less tired? If you strayed and ate processed or unhealthy foods, how did you feel afterwards? Write down everything!!! When you begin to see and feel the benefits you will be amazed by the power of your food choices. You will find that the initial anguish and restraint that comes with making big changes is well worth while.
Here are some guidelines on what to eat and what not to eat over the coming 3 weeks. The most simple rules to follow are; trust your intuition and eat the food that nature provides.
INCREASE (or introduce)
- Increase your intake of fruit, vegetables and whole grains (the majority of your food should come from nature)
- Increase intake of produce that is in season and organic
- Increase intake of raw, steamed and lightly sautéed foods
- Increase (or introduce) freshly made green-juices
- If you would like to include meat – keep it lean and organic
ELIMINATE (or reduce)
- Eliminate all refined sugars and processed foods
- Eliminate refined starches
- Reduce (or eliminate) your intake of animal products that are high in saturated fats
- Eliminate fried foods
- Eliminate artificial sweeteners
- Eliminate (or reduce) intake of stimulants such as alcohol, caffeine, nicotine and other drugs
These changes may seem hard at first, so it is important that you feel safe and supported. It is helpful to;
- Surround yourself with people who will support and encourage you
- Consult your GP for advice
- Commit to the changes as best you can, if you slip up, DON’T GIVE UP!!! Keep on going – you will be proud of yourself when you make it through the 3 weeks.
- Expect wonderful improvements in the way you feel – they will be all the encouragement you need to keep you going!
Please share your comments below to help, inspire and encourage others who are taking the challenge now or who have been through it before.
Best of luck and let me know how you go by commenting or email firstname.lastname@example.org